Anti-MCL1 antibody (ab101024)
- Product nameAnti-MCL1 antibodySee all MCL1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCL1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human MCL1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following human whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; A431; MCF7; HepG2.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101024 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa).|
- FunctionInvolved in the regulation of apoptosis versus cell survival, and in the maintenance of viability but not of proliferation. Mediates its effects by interactions with a number of other regulators of apoptosis. Isoform 1 inhibits apoptosis. Isoform 2 promotes apoptosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsCleaved by CASP3 during apoptosis. In intact cells cleavage occurs preferentially after Asp-127, yielding a pro-apoptotic 28 kDa C-terminal fragment.
Rapidly degraded in the absence of phosphorylation on Thr-163 in the PEST region.
Phosphorylated on Thr-163. Treatment with taxol or okadaic acid induces phosphorylation on additional sites.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasmic, associated with mitochondria.
- Bcl 2 related protein EAT/mcl1 antibodyBcl-2-like protein 3 antibodyBcl-2-related protein EAT/mcl1 antibody
- BCL2 related antibodyBcl2-L-3 antibodyBCL2L3 antibodyEAT antibodyInduced myeloid leukemia cell differentiation protein Mcl 1 antibodyInduced myeloid leukemia cell differentiation protein Mcl-1 antibodyMCL 1 antibodyMCL1 antibodyMCL1-ES antibodyMcl1/EAT antibodyMCL1_HUMAN antibodyMCL1L antibodyMCL1S antibodyMGC104264 antibodyMGC1839 antibodyMyeloid Cell Leukemia 1 antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia ES antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 BCL2 related antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 isoform 1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000032794 antibodyOTTHUMP00000032795 antibodyTM antibody
Anti-MCL1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MCL1 antibody (ab101024) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa
Additional bands at : 43 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-MCL1 antibody (ab101024)
ab101024 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.