Anti-MCM2 antibody [EPR4120] (ab108935)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 antibody [EPR4120]See all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4120] to MCM2
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive controlWB: MCF-7, Ramos, SW480, Molt-4, Jurkat and HeLa cell lysates IHC-P: Human squamous cell cervical carcinoma tissue and Human tonsil tissue IF: HeLa cells
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Dissociation constant (Kd) Kd = 5.80 x 10-11 M
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR4120
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108935 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa.|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibodyCCNL 1 antibodyCCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibodycdc19 antibodyCDCL 1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCell devision cycle like 1 antibodyCyclin like 1 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyDNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyMCM 2 antibodyMCM2 antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibodyMCM2_HUMAN antibodyMGC10606 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibodyMitotin antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216047 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 antibody [EPR4120] images
All lanes : Anti-MCM2 antibody [EPR4120] (ab108935) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 3 : SW480 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Molt-4 cell lysate
Lane 5 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 6 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
ab108395, at a 1/250 dilution, staining MCM2 in paraffin-embedded Human squamous cell cervical carcinoma tissue
ab108395, at a 1/250 dilution, staining MCM2 in paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue
ab108935, at a 1/100 dilution, staining MCM2 in HeLa cells
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-MCM2 antibody [EPR4120] (ab108935)
ab108935 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.