Anti-MCM2 antibody [SPM196], prediluted (ab17788)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 antibody [SPM196], predilutedSee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SPM196] to MCM2, prediluted
- Specificityab17788 detects a 120-125kDa protein corresponding to human MCM2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Bacterially expressed human MCM2
- Positive controlHela cells. Tonsil
- General notes
MCM proteins have DNA dependent ATPase motifs in their central domain which is conserved from yeast to mammals. MCM proteins form a complex which exhibits ATPase and helicase activities. In G0 phase levels of MCM 2 and 5 are lower than that of MCM7 and 3 but increases as the cell enters G1/S phase of the cell cycle.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes MCM proteins have DNA dependent ATPase motifs in their central domain which is conserved from yeast to mammals. MCM proteins form a complex which exhibits ATPase and helicase activities. In G0 phase levels of MCM 2 and 5 are lower than that of MCM7 and 3 but increases as the cell enters G1/S phase of the cell cycle.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM196
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17788 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/1. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibodyBM28 antibodyCCNL 1 antibody
- CCNL1 antibodyCCNL1 antibodyCDC like 1 antibodyCDC like-1 antibodycdc19 antibodycdc19 antibodyCDCL 1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCell devision cycle like 1 antibodyCyclin like 1 antibodycyclin like-1 antibodycyclin like-1 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyDNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyMCM 2 antibodyMCM2 antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibodyMCM2_HUMAN antibodyMGC10606 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibodyMitotin antibodyMitotin antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216047 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 antibody [SPM196], prediluted images
ab17788 staining MCM2 in Human tonsil tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). ab17788 was incubated for 30 minutes at room temperature.
ab17788 used undiluted staining human tonsil tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed in citrate buffer before incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. An HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-MCM2 antibody [SPM196], prediluted (ab17788)
ab17788 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.