Anti-MCM2 antibody (ab31159)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2
- Tested applicationsICC, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to N terminal of human MCM2 protein.
- Positive controlHeLa cells. Breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31159 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibodyCCNL 1 antibodyCCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibodyCDC like-1 antibodycdc19 antibodyCDCL 1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCell devision cycle like 1 antibodyCyclin like 1 antibodycyclin like-1 antibodycyclin like-1 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyDNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyMCM 2 antibodyMCM2 antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibodyMCM2_HUMAN antibodyMGC10606 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibodyMitotin antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216047 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of MCM2 expression in formalin fixed paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue section, using 1/100 ab31159.
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
Image from Chuang CH et al, PLoS Genet. 2010 Sep 9;6(9). pii: e1001110, Fig 1.
ab31159 staining MCM2in Human HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton 0.1% in PBS and blocked with 3% BSA for 1 hour at 24°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS + 3% BSA) for 1 hour at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor®555-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained in blue.
ab31159 staining MCM2 in human tonsil tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using EDTA pH9.0. Samples were then incubated with ab31159 at a 1/300 for 20 minutes at 25°C. The secondary used was an undiluted HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse-rabbit polyclonal.
References for Anti-MCM2 antibody (ab31159)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thiolloy S et al. An osteoblast-derived proteinase controls tumor cell survival via TGF-beta activation in the bone microenvironment. PLoS One 7:e29862 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22238668) »
- He Z et al. Optimization of immunolocalization of cell cycle proteins in human corneal endothelial cells. Mol Vis 17:3494-511 (2011). IHC - Wholemount ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22219645) »