Anti-MCM2 antibody (ab4461)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, IP, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide (Human) - 37 amino acids which represent a portion of human MCM 2 encoded within exon 2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4461 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21068061|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibodyCCNL 1 antibodyCCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibodyCDC like-1 antibodycdc19 antibodyCDCL 1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCell devision cycle like 1 antibodyCyclin like 1 antibodycyclin like-1 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyDNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyMCM 2 antibodyMCM2 antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibodyMCM2_HUMAN antibodyMGC10606 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibodyMitotin antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216047 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 antibody images
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
Sample: HeLa cell RIPA extract.
WB - 50 µg.
CoIP - 7 µg.
ab4461 incubated at 0.2 µg/ml for 1 hour for WB.
ab4461 incubated at 20 µg for CoIP.
CoIP - Coomassie Stain
ICC/IF image of ab4461 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab4461, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Ab4461 staining MCM2 in Human placenta.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-MCM2 antibody (ab4461)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nishiyama A et al. MCM-BP regulates unloading of the MCM2-7 helicase in late S phase. Genes Dev 25:165-75 (2011). WB ; Xenopus laevis . Read more (PubMed: 21196493) »
- Berg DA et al. Efficient regeneration by activation of neurogenesis in homeostatically quiescent regions of the adult vertebrate brain. Development 137:4127-34 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Newt . Read more (PubMed: 21068061) »