Anti-MCM2 (phospho S27) antibody (ab84142)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 (phospho S27) antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2 (phospho S27)
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphorylated peptide corresponding to a region of Human MCM2 surrounding Serine 27 (NP_004517.2).
- Positive controlHuman colon carcinoma. Mouse squamous cell carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84142 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibodyCCNL 1 antibodyCCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibodycdc19 antibodyCDCL 1 antibodyCDCL1 antibodyCell devision cycle like 1 antibodyCyclin like 1 antibodyD3S3194 antibodyDNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibodyKIAA0030 antibodyMCM 2 antibodyMCM2 antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibodyMCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibodyMCM2_HUMAN antibodyMGC10606 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibodyMinichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibodyMinichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibodyMitotin antibodyNuclear protein BM28 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216047 antibodyOTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 (phospho S27) antibody images
ab84142, at 1/250 dilution, staining MCM2 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded serial sections of human colon carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry.
Mock phosphatase treated section (left)
CIP phosphatase treated section (right).
Detection: DAB staining using anti-Rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/100.
ab84142, at 1/250 dilution, staining MCM2 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse squamous cell carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry using DAB detection.
References for Anti-MCM2 (phospho S27) antibody (ab84142)
ab84142 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.