Anti-MCM2 (phospho S32) antibody (ab11897)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 (phospho S32) antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2 (phospho S32)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis , Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)
Immunogen was a synthetic phosphorylated peptide, which represented a portion of human MCM2 surrounding Serine32 (LocusLink ID 4171).
- General notesCentrifuge tube to remove product from lid.
This protein is one of the highly conserved mini-chromosome maintenance proteins (MCM) that are involved in the initiation of eukaryotic genome replication. The hexameric protein complex formed by MCM proteins is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre_RC) and may be involved in the formation of replication forks and in the recruitment of other DNA replication related proteins. This protein forms a complex with MCM4, 6, and 7, and has been shown to regulate the helicase activity of the complex. This protein is phosphorylated, and thus regulated by, protein kinases CDC2 and CDC7.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes This protein is one of the highly conserved mini-chromosome maintenance proteins (MCM) that are involved in the initiation of eukaryotic genome replication. The hexameric protein complex formed by MCM proteins is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre_RC) and may be involved in the formation of replication forks and in the recruitment of other DNA replication related proteins. This protein forms a complex with MCM4, 6, and 7, and has been shown to regulate the helicase activity of the complex. This protein is phosphorylated, and thus regulated by, protein kinases CDC2 and CDC7.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/20000. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 108 kDa).|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 4171 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17216 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 312538 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 380451 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 448458 Xenopus tropicalis
- Omim: 116945 Human
- SwissProt: P49736 Human
- SwissProt: P97310 Mouse
- SwissProt: P55861 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q6DIH3 Xenopus tropicalis
- Unigene: 477481 Human
- Unigene: 16711 Mouse
- Unigene: 2715 Rat
- Unigene: 382 Xenopus laevis
- BM28 antibody
- CCNL 1 antibody
- CCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibody
- CDC like-1 antibody
- cdc19 antibody
- CDCL 1 antibody
- CDCL1 antibody
- Cell devision cycle like 1 antibody
- Cyclin like 1 antibody
- cyclin like-1 antibody
- D3S3194 antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibody
- KIAA0030 antibody
- MCM 2 antibody
- MCM2 antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibody
- MCM2_HUMAN antibody
- MGC10606 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibody
- Mitotin antibody
- Nuclear protein BM28 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216047 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 (phospho S32) antibody images
Predicted band size : 108 kDa
Samples: Whole cell lysate (30 µg) from HeLa cells that were either untreated or treated with alkaline phosphatase (AP). Antibodies: ab1187 used at 0.1 µg/ml. After probing with the phospho-specific antibodies, ab4461 was used at 0.2 µg/ml to show total MCM2. Detection: Chemiluminescence with a 1 minute exposure.
References for Anti-MCM2 (phospho S32) antibody (ab11897)
This product has been referenced in:
- Canela N et al. Identification of an hexapeptide that binds to a surface pocket in cyclin A and inhibits the catalytic activity of the complex cyclin-dependent kinase 2-cyclin A. J Biol Chem 281:35942-53 (2006). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17001081) »