Anti-MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) antibody (ab70371)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41)
- Tested applicationsWB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis , Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)
A synthetic di-phosphorylated peptide, corresponding to a sequence from human MCM2 surrounding Serines 40 and 41. (NP_004517.2)
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70371 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 117 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 4171 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17216 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 312538 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 380451 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 448458 Xenopus tropicalis
- Omim: 116945 Human
- SwissProt: P49736 Human
- SwissProt: P97310 Mouse
- SwissProt: P55861 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q6DIH3 Xenopus tropicalis
- Unigene: 477481 Human
- Unigene: 16711 Mouse
- Unigene: 2715 Rat
- Unigene: 382 Xenopus laevis
- BM28 antibody
- CCNL 1 antibody
- CCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibody
- CDC like-1 antibody
- cdc19 antibody
- CDCL 1 antibody
- CDCL1 antibody
- Cell devision cycle like 1 antibody
- Cyclin like 1 antibody
- cyclin like-1 antibody
- D3S3194 antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibody
- KIAA0030 antibody
- MCM 2 antibody
- MCM2 antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibody
- MCM2_HUMAN antibody
- MGC10606 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibody
- Mitotin antibody
- Nuclear protein BM28 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216047 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) antibody (ab70371) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells treated with a phosphatase
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
Observed band size : 117 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab70371 at 0.1µg/ml staining MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) by Flow Cytometery. 1x106 cells were fixed in 1.5% PFA and permeabilized in 90% MeOH. DNA content was simultaneously analyzed via PI stain.
References for Anti-MCM2 (phospho S40 + S41) antibody (ab70371)
ab70371 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.