Anti-MCM2 (phospho S41) antibody [EPR4171] (ab109270)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 (phospho S41) antibody [EPR4171]See all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4171] to MCM2 (phospho S41)
- Specificityab109270 only detects MCM2 phosphorylated at serine 41.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Serine 41 of Human MCM2.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate; Human tonsil tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR4171
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109270 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50000 - 1/200000. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/250 - 1/500.|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibody
- CCNL 1 antibody
- CCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibody
- cdc19 antibody
- CDCL 1 antibody
- CDCL1 antibody
- Cell devision cycle like 1 antibody
- Cyclin like 1 antibody
- D3S3194 antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibody
- KIAA0030 antibody
- MCM 2 antibody
- MCM2 antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibody
- MCM2_HUMAN antibody
- MGC10606 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibody
- Mitotin antibody
- Nuclear protein BM28 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216047 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 (phospho S41) antibody [EPR4171] images
All lanes : Anti-MCM2 (phospho S41) antibody [EPR4171] (ab109270) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with Alkaline Phosphatase (AP)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue using ab109270 at a dilution of 1/250.
References for Anti-MCM2 (phospho S41) antibody [EPR4171] (ab109270)
ab109270 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.