Anti-MCM2 (phospho S53) antibody (ab70367)
- Product nameAnti-MCM2 (phospho S53) antibodySee all MCM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM2 (phospho S53)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
A synthetic phospho-peptide, corresponding to a sequence from human MCM2 surrounding Serine 53 (NP_004517.2)
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70367 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 117 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity. Required for the entry in S phase and for cell division.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-108 by ATR in proliferating cells. Ser-108 proliferation is increased by genotoxic agents. Ser-40 is mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 and CDC7-DBF4B complexes, while Ser-53 phosphorylation is only mediated by the CDC7-DBF4 complex. Phosphorylation by the CDC7-DBF4 complex during G1/S phase is required for the initiation of DNA replication.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BM28 antibody
- CCNL 1 antibody
- CCNL1 antibody
- CDC like 1 antibody
- CDC like-1 antibody
- cdc19 antibody
- CDCL 1 antibody
- CDCL1 antibody
- Cell devision cycle like 1 antibody
- Cyclin like 1 antibody
- cyclin like-1 antibody
- D3S3194 antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM2 antibody
- KIAA0030 antibody
- MCM 2 antibody
- MCM2 antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- MCM2 minichromosome maintenance deficient 2, mitotin antibody
- MCM2_HUMAN antibody
- MGC10606 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance complex component 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 (mitotin) antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 2 mitotin antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 homolog antibody
- Mitotin antibody
- Nuclear protein BM28 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216047 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000216050 antibody
Anti-MCM2 (phospho S53) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MCM2 (phospho S53) antibody (ab70367) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from asynchronous 293T cells treated with a phosphatase.
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
Observed band size : 117 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MCM2 (phospho S53) antibody (ab70367)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu H et al. Phosphorylation of MLL by ATR is required for execution of mammalian S-phase checkpoint. Nature 467:343-6 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20818375) »