Anti-MCSF antibody [EP1179Y] (ab52864)
- Product nameAnti-MCSF antibody [EP1179Y]See all MCSF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1179Y] to MCSF
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on human MCSF.
- Positive controlWB: Recombinant MCSF IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1179Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Antigen retrieval is recommended.
WB: 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionGranulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factors are cytokines that act in hematopoiesis by controlling the production, differentiation, and function of 2 related white cell populations of the blood, the granulocytes and the monocytes-macrophages. CSF-1 induces cells of the monocyte/macrophage lineage. It plays a role in immunological defenses, bone metabolism, lipoproteins clearance, fertility and pregnancy.
modificationsGlycosylation and proteolytic cleavage yield different soluble forms. A high molecular weight soluble form is a proteoglycan containing chondroitin sulfate.
Isoform 1 is N- and O-glycosylated. Isoform 3 is N-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space.
- Colony stimulating factor 1 (macrophage) antibodyColony stimulating factor 1 antibodyColony stimulating factor macrophage specific antibody
- CSF 1 antibodyCSF-1 antibodyCSF1 antibodyCSF1_HUMAN antibodyCsfm antibodyLanimostim antibodyM CSF antibodyM-CSF antibodyMacrophage Colony Stimulating Factor 1 antibodyMacrophage colony stimulating factor antibodyMCSF antibodyMGC31930 antibodyProcessed macrophage colony-stimulating factor 1 antibody
Anti-MCSF antibody [EP1179Y] images
Anti-MCSF antibody [EP1179Y] (ab52864) at 1/50000 dilution + recombinant MCSF at 0.005 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
Observed band size : 20 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab52864 at 1/50 dilution stainng MCSF in human tonsil by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-MCSF antibody [EP1179Y] (ab52864)
This product has been referenced in:
- Taylor RM et al. VEGF, FLT3 ligand, PlGF and HGF can substitute for M-CSF to induce human osteoclast formation: implications for giant cell tumour pathobiology. Lab Invest 92:1398-406 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22906984) »
- Taylor RM et al. Analysis of stromal cells in osteofibrous dysplasia and adamantinoma of long bones. Mod Pathol 25:56-64 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21983933) »