Anti-TORC1 antibody [EPR3381(2)] (ab109736)
- Product nameAnti-TORC1 antibody [EPR3381(2)]See all TORC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3381(2)] to TORC1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human MECT1.
- Positive control293T, Human fetal brain, and HeLa lysates; Human brain tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR3381(2)
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109736 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionTranscriptional coactivator for CREB1 which activates transcription through both consensus and variant cAMP response element (CRE) sites. Acts as a coactivator, in the SIK/TORC signaling pathway, being active when dephosphorylated and acts independently of CREB1 'Ser-133' phosphorylation. Enhances the interaction of CREB1 with TAF4. Regulates the expression of specific CREB-activated genes such as the steroidogenic gene, StAR. Potent coactivator of PGC1alpha and inducer of mitochondrial biogenesis in muscle cells. Also coactivator for TAX activation of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) long terminal repeats (LTR). In the hippocampus, involved in late-phase long-term potentiation (L-LTP) maintenance at the Schaffer collateral-CA1 synapses. May be required for dendritic growth of developing cortical neurons.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in adult and fetal brain. Located to specific regions such as the prefrontal cortex and cerebellum. Very low expression in other tissues such as heart, spleen, lung, skeletal muscle, salivary gland, ovary and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving CRTC1 is found in mucoepidermoid carcinomas, benign Warthin tumors and clear cell hidradenomas. Translocation t(11;19)(q21;p13) with MAML2. The fusion protein consists of the N-terminus of CRTC1 joined to the C-terminus of MAML2. The reciprocal fusion protein consisting of the N-terminus of MAML2 joined to the C-terminus of CRTC1 has been detected in a small number of mucoepidermoid carcinomas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TORC family.
modificationsPhosphorylation/dephosphorylation states of Ser-151 are required for regulating transduction of CREB activity. TORCs are inactive when phosphorylated, and active when dephosphorylated at this site. This primary site of phosphorylation is mediated by SIKs (SIK1 and SIK2), is regulated by cAMP and calcium levels and is dependent on the phosphorylation of SIKs by LKB1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic when phosphorylated by SIK or AMPK and when sequestered by 14-3-3 proteins (By similarity). Translocated to the nucleus on Ser-151 dephosphorylation, instigated by a number of factors including calcium ion and cAMP levels.
- KIAA0616 antibodyCREB regulated transcription coactivator 1 antibodyCREB-regulated transcription coactivator 1 antibody
- CRTC1 antibodyCRTC1_HUMAN antibodyFLJ14027 antibodyKIAA0616 antibodyMECT 1 antibodyMucoepidermoid carcinoma translocated 1 antibodyMucoepidermoid carcinoma translocated protein 1 antibodyTORC-1 antibodyTORC1 antibodyTransducer of CREB protein 1 antibodyTransducer of regulated cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibodyTransducer of regulated cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) 1 antibodyTransducer of regulated cAMP response element-binding protein 1 antibodyWAMTP1 antibody
Anti-TORC1 antibody [EPR3381(2)] images
All lanes : Anti-TORC1 antibody [EPR3381(2)] (ab109736) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human fetal brain lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 67 kDa
ab109736 at 1/50 dilution staining MECT1 in paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-TORC1 antibody [EPR3381(2)] (ab109736)
ab109736 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.