Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 antibody (ab70613)
- Product nameAnti-MEK1 + MEK2 antibodySee all MEK1 + MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK1 + MEK2
- Specificityab70613 recognizes human MEK1 protein without phosphorylation at sites Ser 218/222 and MEK2 without phosphorylation at sites Ser 222/226. It does not cross react to phosphorylated MEK1/2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) surrounding the epitope SMANS without phosphorylation.
- Positive controlWhole cell lysates derived from 3T3 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, pH 7.2 containing antibody stabilizer
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab70613 is purified by site specific epitope affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70613 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 1 + 2 (MAPKK1 + MAPKK2) are members of a protein kinase family that activate the ERK 1 + 2/MAPK enzymes by phosphorylating both residues within the threonine – glutamic acid – tyrosine (TEY) motif in the activation loop. MEK 1 + 2 are also activated by dual-phosphorylation, which occurs on serines 218 and 222, in the activation loop of the MEKs.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 5605 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5604 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26396 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26395 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 170851 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 58960 Rat
- Omim: 601263 Human
- Omim: 176872 Human
- SwissProt: Q90891 Chicken
- SwissProt: P36507 Human
- SwissProt: Q02750 Human
- SwissProt: Q63932 Mouse
- SwissProt: P31938 Mouse
- SwissProt: P36506 Rat
- SwissProt: Q01986 Rat
- AA589381 antibodyDual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibodyDual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibodyERK activator kinase 1 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K1 antibodyMAP2K2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 1 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK1 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEKK1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, p45 antibodyMK2 antibodyMKK 1 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK1 antibodyMKK2 antibodyPRKMK 1 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPrkmk1 antibodyPrkmk2 antibodyprotein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 1 (MAP kinase kinase 1) antibodyProtein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 1 antibodyProtein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 2 antibody
Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 antibody images
Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 antibody (ab70613) at 1/1000 dilution + Whole cell lysates derived from 3T3
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 44 kDa
1 mg peptide was spotted onto NC membrane and blotted using ab70613 at 1/1000 dilution. A:MEK1/2 (pS218/222) B: MEK1/2 (Non-phosphorylated), C: Non-related phosphospecific PP.
References for Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 antibody (ab70613)
ab70613 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.