Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 (phospho S222) antibody (ab4750)
- Product nameAnti-MEK1 + MEK2 (phospho S222) antibodySee all MEK1 + MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK1 + MEK2 (phospho S222)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide (Human) derived from a region of human MEK 1 + 2 that contains serine 222. The sequence is conserved in many species including mouse, rat, chimp, chicken, frog, and others.
- Positive controlNIH3T3 cells +/- PDGF, A431 +/- EGF, PC12 +/- NGF.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1.0mg/ml BSA (IgG, protease free). pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated MEK 1 + 2. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a MEK 1 + 2 derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serine 222.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4750 in the following tested applications.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 1 + 2 (MAPKK1 + MAPKK2) are members of a protein kinase family that activate the ERK 1 + 2/MAPK enzymes by phosphorylating both residues within the threonine – glutamic acid – tyrosine (TEY) motif in the activation loop. MEK 1 + 2 are also activated by dual-phosphorylation, which occurs on serines 218 and 222, in the activation loop of the MEKs.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 5605 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5604 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26396 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26395 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 170851 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 58960 Rat
- Omim: 601263 Human
- Omim: 176872 Human
- SwissProt: Q90891 Chicken
- SwissProt: P36507 Human
- SwissProt: Q02750 Human
- SwissProt: Q63932 Mouse
- SwissProt: P31938 Mouse
- SwissProt: P36506 Rat
- SwissProt: Q01986 Rat
- AA589381 antibodyDual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibodyDual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibodyERK activator kinase 1 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K1 antibodyMAP2K2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 1 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK1 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEKK1 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase 1 and 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, p45 antibodyMK2 antibodyMKK 1 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK1 antibodyMKK2 antibodyPRKMK 1 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPrkmk1 antibodyPrkmk2 antibodyprotein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 1 (MAP kinase kinase 1) antibodyProtein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 1 antibodyProtein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 2 antibody
Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 (phospho S222) antibody images
Predicted band size : 43.3 kDa
Extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells left untreated (lane 1) or treated (lanes 2-5) with PDGF were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% Tris-glycine gel and transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA TBST buffer overnight at 4oC, then were incubated with 0.50 µg/mL MEK 1 & 2 [pS222] antibody, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2) the nonphosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a dual phosphopeptide corresponding to MEK 1 & 2 [pSpS218/222] (4), the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and signals were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that the peptides corresponding to MEK 1 & 2 [pS222] and MEK 1 & 2 [pSpS218/222] block the antibody signal, but the corresponding nonphospho-peptide does not, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody. The data also show the induction of the MEK 1 & 2 [pS222] phospho signal upon stimulation with PDGF (compare lanes 1 and 2).
References for Anti-MEK1 + MEK2 (phospho S222) antibody (ab4750)
ab4750 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.