Anti-MEK2 antibody - N-terminal (ab71633)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab71633 is purified through a protein G column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71633 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibody
- CFC syndrome antibody
- CFC4 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- ERK activator kinase 2 antibody
- FLJ26075 antibody
- MAP kinase kinase 2 antibody
- MAP2K2 antibody
- MAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibody
- MAPKK 2 antibody
- MAPKK2 antibody
- MEK 2 antibody
- MEK2 antibody
- Microtubule associated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibody
- MKK 2 antibody
- MKK2 antibody
- MP2K2_HUMAN antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165826 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165827 antibody
- PRKMK 2 antibody
- PRKMK2 antibody
Anti-MEK2 antibody - N-terminal images
Anti-MEK2 antibody - N-terminal (ab71633) at 1/100 dilution + jurkat cell lysate at 12.5 µg
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 44 kDa
Additional bands at : 25 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab71633 at 1/50 dilution, staining MEK2 in human hepatocarcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue, followed by peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody and AEC staining.
References for Anti-MEK2 antibody - N-terminal (ab71633)
ab71633 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.