Anti-MEK2 antibody [Y78] (ab32517)
- Product nameAnti-MEK2 antibody [Y78]See all MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y78] to MEK2
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with other MAP kinase kinase family members
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in N terminus of human MEK2
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate, HeLa cells, prostate carcinoma
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY78
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32517 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibodyCFC syndrome antibodyDual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K 2 antibodymap2k2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK 2 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEK 2 antibodyMEK2 antibodyMicrotubule Associated Protein Kinase Kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK2 antibodyMP2K2_HUMAN antibodyOTTHUMP00000165826 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165827 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPRKMK2 antibody
Anti-MEK2 antibody [Y78] images
Anti-MEK2 antibody [Y78] (ab32517) at 1/10000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using ab32517 at a dilution of 1/250.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded prostate carcinoma using ab32517 at a dilution of 1/250.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32517 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32517, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-MEK2 antibody [Y78] (ab32517)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yamashita S et al. The Leydig cell MEK/ERK pathway is critical for maintaining a functional population of adult Leydig cells and for fertility. Mol Endocrinol 25:1211-22 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21527500) »
- Zhu H et al. EGFR signals downregulate tumor suppressors miR-143 and miR-145 in Western diet-promoted murine colon cancer: role of G1 regulators. Mol Cancer Res 9:960-75 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21653642) »