Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab13866)
- Product nameAnti-MEK2 antibodySee all MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: ARRKPVLP ALTINPTI, corresponding to amino acids 2-18 of Human MEK2
- Positive control
- 293 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide, 0.2% Gelatin
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibody
- CFC syndrome antibody
- CFC4 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- ERK activator kinase 2 antibody
- FLJ26075 antibody
- MAP kinase kinase 2 antibody
- MAP2K 2 antibody
- map2k2 antibody
- MAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibody
- MAPKK 2 antibody
- MAPKK2 antibody
- MEK 2 antibody
- MEK2 antibody
- Microtubule Associated Protein Kinase Kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibody
- MKK 2 antibody
- MKK2 antibody
- MP2K2_HUMAN antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165826 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000165827 antibody
- PRKMK 2 antibody
- PRKMK2 antibody
References for Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab13866)
ab13866 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.