Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab28834)
- Product nameAnti-MEK2 antibodySee all MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK2
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human MEK2 around the phosphorylation site of Threonine 394.
- Positive controlWB: extracts from ovary canner cells. IHC-P: breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28834 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibodyCFC syndrome antibodyDual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K 2 antibodymap2k2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK 2 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEK 2 antibodyMEK2 antibodyMicrotubule Associated Protein Kinase Kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK2 antibodyMP2K2_HUMAN antibodyOTTHUMP00000165826 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165827 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPRKMK2 antibody
Anti-MEK2 antibody images
Ab28834 staining MEK2 in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Left image: untreated.
Right image: preincubated with synthesized peptide.
All lanes : Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab28834) at 1/500 dilution (extracts from ovary canner cells (5-30ug).)
Lane 1 : Line 1: using MEK2 antibody
Lane 2 : Line 2: the same antibody preincubated with synthesized peptide.
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab28834 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28834, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-MEK2 antibody (ab28834)
ab28834 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.