Anti-MEK2 (phospho T394) antibody (ab30622)
- Product nameAnti-MEK2 (phospho T394) antibodySee all MEK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MEK2 (phospho T394)
- Specificityab30622 recognises endogenous levels of MEK2 only when phosphorylated at Threonine 394.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human MEK2 around the phosphorylation site of Threonine 394.
- Positive controlovary cancer cells, breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30622 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the concomitant phosphorylation of a threonine and a tyrosine residue in a Thr-Glu-Tyr sequence located in MAP kinases. Activates the ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MAP2K2 are a cause of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC syndrome) [MIM:115150]; also known as cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome. CFC syndrome is characterized by a distinctive facial appearance, heart defects and mental retardation. Heart defects include pulmonic stenosis, atrial septal defects and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Some affected individuals present with ectodermal abnormalities such as sparse, friable hair, hyperkeratotic skin lesions and a generalized ichthyosis-like condition. Typical facial features are similar to Noonan syndrome. They include high forehead with bitemporal constriction, hypoplastic supraorbital ridges, downslanting palpebral fissures, a depressed nasal bridge, and posteriorly angulated ears with prominent helices. The inheritance of CFC syndrome is autosomal dominant.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMAPKK is itself dependent on Ser/Thr phosphorylation for activity catalyzed by MAP kinase kinase kinases (RAF or MEKK1).
Acetylation of Ser-222 and Ser-226 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the MAPK signaling pathway.
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome antibodyCFC syndrome antibodyDual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibody
- Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyDual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyERK activator kinase 2 antibodyFLJ26075 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase kinase 2 antibodyMAP2K 2 antibodyMAP2K 2 antibodymap2k2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK / ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPK/ERK kinase 2 antibodyMAPKK 2 antibodyMAPKK 2 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMAPKK2 antibodyMEK 2 antibodyMEK2 antibodyMicrotubule Associated Protein Kinase Kinase 2 antibodyMicrotubule Associated Protein Kinase Kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase kinase 2 p45 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK 2 antibodyMKK2 antibodyMKK2 antibodyMP2K2_HUMAN antibodyOTTHUMP00000165826 antibodyOTTHUMP00000165827 antibodyPRKMK 2 antibodyPRKMK2 antibody
Anti-MEK2 (phospho T394) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MEK2 (phospho T394) antibody (ab30622) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from ovary cancer cells.
Lane 2 : extracts from ovary cancer cells, preincubated with synthesized non phosphopeptide
Lane 3 : extracts from ovary cancer cells, preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide (negative control).
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 MEK2 (Phospho Thr394) Antibody (ab30622). Left: untreated sample; Right: sample preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide (negative control).
ICC/IF image of ab30622 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab30622, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.