MER Human ELISA Kit (ab119604)
- Product nameMER Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Cell Lysate, Tissue Homogenate
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range156 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Human MER in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human MER in cell culture supernatants, cell lysates, tissue homogenates and serum.
A MER specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for MER is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human MER amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-Human MER antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-Human MER antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human MER standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionIn case of filovirus infection, seems to function as a cell entry factor.
- Tissue specificityNot expressed in normal B- and T-lymphocytes but is expressed in numerous neoplastic B- and T-cell lines.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in MERTK are the cause of retinitis pigmentosa type 38 (RP38) [MIM:613862]. RP38 is a retinal dystrophy belonging to the group of pigmentary retinopathies. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors. Patients typically have night vision blindness and loss of midperipheral visual field. As their condition progresses, they lose their far peripheral visual field and eventually central vision as well.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. AXL/UFO subfamily.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- C mer
- c mer proto oncogene tyrosine kinase
- MER receptor tyrosine kinase
- Proto-oncogene c-Mer
- Receptor tyrosine kinase MerTK
- STK kinase
- Tyrosine-protein kinase Mer
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119604 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MER Human ELISA Kit (ab119604)
ab119604 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.