Anti-MHC Class II antibody (ab55152)
- Product nameAnti-MHC Class II antibodySee all MHC Class II primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to MHC Class II
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Recombinant Fragment
Recombinant full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-259 of Human MHC Class II beta chain HLA-DPB1
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: A431
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55152 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5µg for 106 cells. (Also see PMID: 18941249)|
- FunctionBinds peptides derived from antigens that access the endocytic route of antigen presenting cells (APC) and presents them on the cell surface for recognition by the CD4 T-cells. The peptide binding cleft accomodates peptides of 10-30 residues. The peptides presented by MHC class II molecules are generated mostly by degradation of proteins that access the endocytic route, where they are processed by lysosomal proteases and other hydrolases. Exogenous antigens that have been endocytosed by the APC are thus readily available for presentation via MHC II molecules, and for this reason this antigen presentation pathway is usually referred to as exogenous. As membrane proteins on their way to degradation in lysosomes as part of their normal turn-over are also contained in the endosomal/lysosomal compartments, exogenous antigens must compete with those derived from endogenous components. Autophagy is also a source of endogenous peptides, autophagosomes constitutively fuse with MHC class II loading compartments. In addition to APCs, other cells of the gastrointestinal tract, such as epithelial cells, express MHC class II molecules and CD74 and act as APCs, which is an unusual trait of the GI tract. To produce a MHC class II molecule that presents an antigen, three MHC class II molecules (heterodimers of an alpha and a beta chain) associate with a CD74 trimer in the ER to form an heterononamer. Soon after the entry of this complex into the endosomal/lysosomal system where antigen processing occurs, CD74 undergoes a sequential degradation by various proteases, including CTSS and CTSL, leaving a small fragment termed CLIP (class-II-associated invariant chain peptide). The removal of CLIP is facilitated by HLA-DM via direct binding to the alpha-beta-CLIP complex so that CLIP is released. HLA-DM stabilizes MHC class II molecules until primary high affinity antigenic peptides are bound. The MHC II molecule bound to a peptide is then transported to the cell membrane surface. In B cells, the interaction between HLA-DM and MHC class II molecules is regulated by HLA-DO. Primary dendritic cells (DCs) also to express HLA-DO. Lysosomal miroenvironment has been implicated in the regulation of antigen loading into MHC II molecules, increased acidification produces increased proteolysis and efficient peptide loading.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MHC class II family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. The MHC class II complex transits through a number of intracellular compartments in the endocytic pathway until it reaches the cell membrane for antigen presentation.
- D6S221E antibody
- DMA antibody
- DMB antibody
- DP beta 1 antibody
- DP beta 1 chain antibody
- DP(W4) beta chain antibody
- DPB 1 antibody
- DPB1 antibody
- DPB1_HUMAN antibody
- DRB antibody
- H2Ea antibody
- HLA class II histocompatibility antigen antibody
- HLA class II histocompatibility antigen DM beta chain antibody
- HLA DMB antibody
- HLA DPB1 antibody
- HLA-DP antibody
- HLA-DP1B antibody
- HLA-DPB antibody
- HLA-DPB1 antibody
- HLADM antibody
- HLADP1B antibody
- Major histocompatibility complex class II antibody
- Major histocompatibility complex class II DP beta 1 antibody
- MHC class II antigen DMB antibody
- MHC class II antigen DPB1 antibody
- MHC DPB1 antibody
- RING6 antibody
- RING7 antibody
Anti-MHC Class II antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab55152 stained A431 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab55152 at 10µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab96879) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
MHC Class II antibody (ab55152) used in immunohistochemistry at 5ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human lymph node.
Western blot against tagged recombinant protein immunogen using ab55152 MHC Class II antibody at 1ug/ml. Predicted band size of immunogen is 54 kDa
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab55152 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55152, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Raji cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-MHC Class II antibody (ab55152)
This product has been referenced in:
- Schmidt K et al. Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Viral Interferon Regulatory Factor 3 Inhibits Gamma Interferon and Major Histocompatibility Complex Class II Expression. J Virol 85:4530-7 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21345951) »
- Liu YH et al. Up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-D expression in clear cell renal cell carcinoma by CD74: a critical role in cancer cell tumorigenesis. J Immunol 181:6584-94 (2008). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18941249) »