Anti-MLN51/CASC3 antibody (ab90651)
- Product nameAnti-MLN51/CASC3 antibodySee all MLN51/CASC3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MLN51/CASC3
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between amino acids 653 and 703 of Human MLN51/CASC3 (NP_031385.2).
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90651 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionComponent of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism. Core components of the EJC, that remains bound to spliced mRNAs throughout all stages of mRNA metabolism, functions to mark the position of the exon-exon junction in the mature mRNA and thereby influences downstream processes of gene expression including mRNA splicing, nuclear mRNA export, subcellular mRNA localization, translation efficiency and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Stimulates the ATPase and RNA-helicase activities of EIF4A3. Plays a role in the stress response by participating in cytoplasmic stress granules assembly and by favouring cell recovery following stress. Component of the dendritic ribonucleoprotein particles (RNPs) in hippocampal neurons (By similarity). May play a role in mRNA transport (By similarity). Binds spliced mRNA in sequence-independent manner, 20-24 nucleotides upstream of mRNA exon-exon junctions. Binds poly(G) and poly(U) RNA homopolymer.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Overexpressed in breast cancers and metastasis, as well as in gastric cancers.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CASC3 family.
- DomainThe coiled coil domain may be involved in oligomerization.
modificationsADP-ribosylated by tankyrase TNKS and TNKS2. Poly-ADP-ribosylated protein is recognized by RNF146, followed by ubiquitination.
Ubiquitinated by RNF146 when poly-ADP-ribosylated, leading to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region. Nucleus. Nucleus speckle. Predominantly found in the perinuclear region (By similarity). Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm in a CRM1-dependent manner. Travels to the cytoplasm as part of the exon junction complex (EJC) bound to mRNA. Shuttles between the cytoplasm and the stress granules. More specifically found in nuclear intrachromatin granules clusters (IGC), also called nuclear speckles, which are storage compartments for nuclear proteins involved in mRNA processing. Colocalizes in nuclear speckles with MAGOH. Under stress condition, colocalizes with FMR1 and TIA1, but not MAGOH and RBM8A EJC core factors, in cytoplasmic stress granules, which contain stored mRNAs whose translation is stopped in response to stress.
- Barentsz antibodyBarentsz protein antibodyBtz antibody
- Cancer susceptibility candidate 3 antibodyCancer susceptibility candidate gene 3 protein antibodyCASC3 antibodyCASC3_HUMAN antibodyMetastatic lymph node 51 antibodyMetastatic lymph node gene 51 protein antibodyMetastatic lymph node protein 51 antibodyMLN 51 antibodyMLN 51 protein antibodyMLN51 antibodyProtein barentsz antibodyProtein CASC3 antibodyProtein MLN 51 antibody
Anti-MLN51/CASC3 antibody images
Detection of MLN51/CASC3 by immunopreciptiation/western blot. ab 90561 used at 3µg/mg whole cell Hela lysate for IP, and 1µg/ml for WB (20% of IP loaded, Lane 1). Lane 2: control IgG. Detection by chemiluminescence with exposure time of 3 s.
References for Anti-MLN51/CASC3 antibody (ab90651)
ab90651 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.