Anti-MMP12 antibody (ab11612)
- Product nameAnti-MMP12 antibodySee all MMP12 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP12
- SpecificityRabbit Anti-MMP12, Propeptide Region specifically binds to MMP12 and does not cross-react with the other MMP family members (MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP9, etc). By immunoblotting, the antibody reacts with a band at 54 kDa (zymogen) but not any of the active forms. Anti-MMP12 recognizes the propeptide region of latent MMP12, which is shed during enzymatic activation. It does not recognize the activated forms of MMP12; thus it can be used to differentiate between the zymogen and the activated enzyme. Higher antibody concentrations may be necessary for non-human samples.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) propeptide.
- General notesThe antibody is supplied with 50% glycerol to prevent freezing. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11612 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa.|
- FunctionMay be involved in tissue injury and remodeling. Has significant elastolytic activity. Can accept large and small amino acids at the P1' site, but has a preference for leucine. Aromatic or hydrophobic residues are preferred at the P1 site, with small hydrophobic residues (preferably alanine) occupying P3.
- Tissue specificityFound in alveolar macrophages but not in peripheral blood monocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibodyHME antibodyMacrophage elastase antibody
- Macrophage metalloelastase antibodyMacrophage Metaloelastase antibodyMatrix metallopeptidase 12 (macrophage elastase) antibodyMatrix Metalloprotease 12 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase-12 antibodyME antibodyMGC138506 antibodyMME antibodyMMP 12 antibodyMMP-12 antibodyMMP12 antibodyMMP12_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-MMP12 antibody (ab11612)
ab11612 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.