MMP13 Human ELISA Kit (ab100605)
- Product nameMMP13 Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
- Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.72 84% - 103% Serum 91.99 82% - 102% Plasma 93.13 83% - 103%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab100605 MMP13 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human MMP13 in serum, plasma (Collect plasma using heparin as an anticoagulant. EDTA and Citrate are not recommended) and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for human MMP13 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP13 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-human MMP13 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP13 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 700X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent 5x concentrated buffer. ForStandard/Sample (serum/plasma samples/cell culture medium/urine) diluent. 1 x 15ml Detection Antibody MMP-13: biotinylated anti-human MMP-13 2 vials MMP 13 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) coated with anti-human MMP-13 1 unit MMP 13 Standard Human(recombinant) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
Defects in MMP13 are the cause of metaphyseal anadysplasia type 1 (MANDP1) [MIM:602111]. Metaphyseal anadysplasia consists of an abnormal bone development characterized by severe skeletal changes that, in contrast with the progressive course of most other skeletal dysplasias, resolve spontaneously with age. Clinical characteristics are evident from the first months of life and include slight shortness of stature and a mild varus deformity of the legs. Patients attain a normal stature in adolescence and show improvement or complete resolution of varus deformity of the legs and rhizomelic micromelia.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- CLG 3 CLG3Collagenase 3
- Collagenase3 MANDP1Matrix metalloproteinase 13Matrix metalloproteinase-13MMP 13 MMP-13Mmp13MMP13_HUMANUMRCASE
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100605 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MMP13 Human ELISA Kit (ab100605)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jayasuriya CT et al. Matrilin-3 Induction of IL-1 receptor antagonist Is required for up-regulating collagen II and aggrecan and down-regulating ADAMTS-5 gene expression. Arthritis Res Ther 14:R197 (2012). ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 22967398) »