Anti-MMP14 antibody [3G4.2] - Catalytic domain (ab78290)
- Product nameAnti-MMP14 antibody [3G4.2] - Catalytic domainSee all MMP14 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G4.2] to MMP14 - Catalytic domain
- Specificityab78290 recognizes the catalytic domain of MMP14, identifying the active form of the protein.
- Tested applicationsICC, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant protein containing the catalytic domain of human MMP14
- Positive control
- MMP14 transfected U251 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3G4.2
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78290 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
- FunctionSeems to specifically activate progelatinase A. May thus trigger invasion by tumor cells by activating progelatinase A on the tumor cell surface. May be involved in actin cytoskeleton reorganization by cleaving PTK7.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in stromal cells of colon, breast, and head and neck. Expressed in lung tumors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Matrix metallopeptidase 14 (membrane inserted) antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 14 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-14 antibody
- Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase antibody
- Membrane type 1 metalloprotease antibody
- Membrane type matrix metalloproteinase 1 antibody
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 1 antibody
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase antibody
- MMP 14 antibody
- MMP X1 antibody
- MMP-14 antibody
- MMP-X1 antibody
- Mmp14 antibody
- MMP14_HUMAN antibody
- MMPX1 antibody
- MT MMP 1 antibody
- MT-MMP 1 antibody
- MT1 MMP antibody
- MT1-MMP antibody
- MT1MMP antibody
- MTMMP 1 antibody
- MTMMP1 antibody
Anti-MMP14 antibody [3G4.2] - Catalytic domain images
Anti-MMP14 antibody [3G4.2] - Catalytic domain (ab78290) at 1/200 dilution + MMP14 transfected U251 cell lysate at 40 µg
Predicted band size : 66 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MMP14 antibody [3G4.2] - Catalytic domain (ab78290)
ab78290 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.