Anti-MMP14 antibody [EP1264Y] (ab51074)
- Product nameAnti-MMP14 antibody [EP1264Y]See all MMP14 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1264Y] to MMP14
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in human MMP14.
- Positive controlIHC: Human breast carcinoma tissue. WB: recombinant protein
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1264Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51074 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/50 - 1/100. (paraformaldehyde or methanol fixed cells)|
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
- FunctionSeems to specifically activate progelatinase A. May thus trigger invasion by tumor cells by activating progelatinase A on the tumor cell surface. May be involved in actin cytoskeleton reorganization by cleaving PTK7.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in stromal cells of colon, breast, and head and neck. Expressed in lung tumors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Matrix metallopeptidase 14 (membrane inserted) antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase 14 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase-14 antibody
- Membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase antibodyMembrane type 1 metalloprotease antibodyMembrane type matrix metalloproteinase 1 antibodyMembrane-type matrix metalloproteinase 1 antibodyMembrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase antibodyMMP 14 antibodyMMP X1 antibodyMMP-14 antibodyMMP-X1 antibodyMmp14 antibodyMMP14_HUMAN antibodyMMPX1 antibodyMT MMP 1 antibodyMT-MMP 1 antibodyMT1 MMP antibodyMT1-MMP antibodyMT1MMP antibodyMTMMP 1 antibodyMTMMP1 antibody
Anti-MMP14 antibody [EP1264Y] images
Anti-MMP14 antibody [EP1264Y] (ab51074) at 1/2000 dilution + Human spleen lysate
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled. at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 66 kDa
Observed band size : 65 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab51074 (1:100) staining human MMP14 in human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ab51074 at 1/500 staining human kidney tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step (in Tris/EDTA) was performed. The tissue was then blocked with serum and incubated with the primary antibody. A biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary.
Overlay histogram showing HT1080 cells stained with ab51074 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51074, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HT1080 cells fixed with methanol (5 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam does not have data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-MMP14 antibody [EP1264Y] (ab51074)
This product has been referenced in:
- Urso ML et al. Adenosine A3 receptor stimulation reduces muscle injury following physical trauma and is associated with alterations in the MMP/TIMP response. J Appl Physiol 112:658-70 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22114177) »
- Bialek J et al. Relaxin enhances the collagenolytic activity and in vitro invasiveness by upregulating matrix metalloproteinases in human thyroid carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Res 9:673-87 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21493587) »