MMP2 Human ELISA kit (ab100606)
- Product nameMMP2 Human ELISA kitSee all MMP2 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 3.5 ng/ml
- Range3.3 ng/ml - 800 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 77.25 69% - 92% Serum 81.27 70% - 93% Plasma 84.53 72% - 95%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam's MMP2 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human MMP2 in serum, plasma (Collect plasma using heparin as an anticoagulant. EDTA and Citrate are not recommended as anticoagulants for use in this assay due to their chelating properties) and cell culture supernates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for human MMP2 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP2 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-human MMP2 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP2 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 440X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-human MMP-2 2 vials MMP2 Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit MMP2 Standard Human(recombinant) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
-Leu bond. Appears to have a role in myocardial cell death pathways. Contributes to myocardial oxidative stress by regulating the activity of GSK3beta. Cleaves GSK3beta in vitro.
PEX, the C-terminal non-catalytic fragment of MMP2, posseses anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor properties and inhibits cell migration and cell adhesion to FGF2 and vitronectin. Ligand for integrinv/beta3 on the surface of blood vessels.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
modificationsPhosphorylation on multiple sites modulates enzymatic activity. Phosphorylated by PKC in vitro.
The propeptide is processed by MMP14 (MT-MMP1) and MMP16 (MT-MMP3). Autocatalytic cleavage in the C-terminal produces the anti-angiogenic peptide, PEX. This processing appears to be facilitated by binding integrinv/beta3.
- 72 kDa gelatinase72 kDa type IV collagenaseCLG 4
- CLG 4A CLG4CLG4ACollagenase type IV AEC 18.104.22.168Gelatinase AGelatinase alpha Gelatinase neutrophil Matrix metallopeptidase 2 (gelatinase A, 72kDa gelatinase, 72kDa type IV collagenase)Matrix metalloproteinase 2Matrix metalloproteinase 2 (gelatinase A, 72kD gelatinase, 72kD type IV collagenase)Matrix metalloproteinase IIMatrix metalloproteinase-2MMP 2MMP IIMMP-2MMP2MMP2_HUMANMONANeutrophil gelatinasePEXTBE 1TBE-1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100606 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for MMP2 Human ELISA kit (ab100606)
ab100606 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.