Anti-MMP3 antibody [4B7.3] (ab38907)
- Product nameAnti-MMP3 antibody [4B7.3]See all MMP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4B7.3] to MMP3
- SpecificityThe antibody is specific to MMP3 (Stromelysin 1). It binds to both the reduced (the pro form as well as active forms) and the non reduced proteins. The antibody does not cross react with the other Stromelysin forms (Stromelysin 2 and Stromelysin 3), nor to the other MMP family members (MMP1, MMP2, MMP9, etc.).
- Tested applicationsWB, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein of Human MMP3.
- Positive controlCell media from human chondrosarcoma (treated with TPA).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesThe antibody has been affinity purified.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4B7.3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38907 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 59, 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa). Detects bands of approximately 59 and 57 kDa (the pro form) when used against the reduced protein. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to MMP3 (ab38912). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 1µg/ml with ab38912 as Detection.|
- FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CHDS6 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase 3 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 antibodyMGC126102 antibodyMGC126103 antibodyMGC126104 antibodyMMP 3 antibodyMMP-3 antibodyMMP3 antibodyMMP3_HUMAN antibodyProgelatinase antibodyProteoglycanase antibodySL 1 antibodySL-1 antibodySL1 antibodySTMY antibodySTMY1 antibodySTR1 antibodyStromelisin 1 antibodyStromelysin 1 antibodyStromelysin 1 progelatinase antibodyStromelysin-1 antibodyTransin 1 antibodyTransin-1 antibody
Anti-MMP3 antibody [4B7.3] images
Standard curve for MMP3 (Analyte: ab39306) ; dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [4B7.3] to MMP3 (ab38907) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to MMP3 - Whole molecule (ab38912) at 0.5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-MMP3 antibody [4B7.3] (ab38907) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human MMP3
Lane 2 : Cell media from human chondrosarcoma (treated with TPA)
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
References for Anti-MMP3 antibody [4B7.3] (ab38907)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hirata H et al. Role of secreted frizzled-related protein 3 in human renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Res 70:1896-905 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20160027) »
- Pozgan U et al. Expression and activity profiling of selected cysteine cathepsins and matrix metalloproteinases in synovial fluids from patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Biol Chem 391:571-9 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20180636) »