Anti-MMP3 antibody [SPM293] (ab17790)
- Product nameAnti-MMP3 antibody [SPM293]See all MMP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SPM293] to MMP3
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ICC, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
APMA (4-Aminophenylmercuric acetate) activated Human stromelysin-1 (SL-1).
- Positive control
- Conditioned, serum-free medium from TPA treated human Endometrial cells. Placenta. Bladder, breast, ovarian carcinomas.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM293
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17790 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-P: 1/10. Do not perform antigen retrieval.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 54 (proform) /44 (active form) kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CHDS6 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 antibody
- MGC126102 antibody
- MGC126103 antibody
- MGC126104 antibody
- MMP 3 antibody
- MMP-3 antibody
- MMP3 antibody
- MMP3_HUMAN antibody
- Progelatinase antibody
- Proteoglycanase antibody
- SL 1 antibody
- SL-1 antibody
- SL1 antibody
- STMY antibody
- STMY1 antibody
- STR1 antibody
- Stromelisin 1 antibody
- Stromelysin 1 antibody
- Stromelysin 1 progelatinase antibody
- Stromelysin-1 antibody
- Transin 1 antibody
- Transin-1 antibody
Anti-MMP3 antibody [SPM293] images
Immunohistochemistry using ab17790 on human placenta.
Anti-MMP3 antibody [SPM293] (ab17790) at 1 µg/ml + Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size : 54 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MMP3 antibody [SPM293] (ab17790)
This product has been referenced in:
- Singh M et al. Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors and inducer in gestational trophoblastic diseases and normal placenta. Gynecol Oncol 122:178-82 (2011). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 21514631) »
- O'Brien M et al. Differential expression of the metalloproteinase MMP3 and the alpha5 integrin subunit in human myometrium at labour. Mol Hum Reprod 13:655-61 (2007). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17664256) »