Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38912)
- Product nameAnti-MMP3 antibodySee all MMP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP3
- Specificityab38912 recognises MMP3 (Stromelysisn 1). It does not react with other Stromelysin forms (Stromelysin 2 and Stromelysin 3), nor to the other MMP family members (MMP1, MMP2, MMP9, etc).
- Tested applicationsWB, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) (Human): MMP3
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38912 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa. A recommended starting concentration for Western blots is 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [4B7.3] to MMP3 (ab38907). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab38907 as Capture.|
- FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CHDS6 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase 3 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 antibodyMGC126102 antibodyMGC126103 antibodyMGC126104 antibodyMMP 3 antibodyMMP-3 antibodyMMP3 antibodyMMP3_HUMAN antibodyProgelatinase antibodyProteoglycanase antibodySL 1 antibodySL-1 antibodySL1 antibodySTMY antibodySTMY1 antibodySTR1 antibodyStromelisin 1 antibodyStromelysin 1 antibodyStromelysin 1 progelatinase antibodyStromelysin-1 antibodyTransin 1 antibodyTransin-1 antibody
Anti-MMP3 antibody images
Standard curve for MMP3 (Analyte: ab39306) ; dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [4B7.3] to MMP3 (ab38907) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to MMP3 - Whole molecule (ab38912) at 0.5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38912) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : human MMP3
Lane 2 : untreated cell media from human chondrosarcoma
Lane 3 : TPA treated cell media from human chondrosarcoma
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 47,50,57,59 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MMP3 antibody (ab38912)
ab38912 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.