Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab5706)
- Product nameAnti-MMP7 antibodySee all MMP7 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP7
- SpecificityThis antibody specifically recognises MMP7, and does not cross react with MMP1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 or 16.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IP, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C-Terminus of MMP7 (Human).
- Positive control
- PMA stimulated A431 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Proclin
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5706 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 18499699).
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
IP: Use 3-5µg for 106 cells.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDegrades casein, gelatins of types I, III, IV, and V, and fibronectin. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Matrilysin antibody
- Matrilysin uterine antibody
- Matrin antibody
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 7 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 antibody
- MMP 7 antibody
- MMP-7 antibody
- MMP7 antibody
- MMP7_HUMAN antibody
- MPSL1 antibody
- PUMP 1 antibody
- Pump 1 protease antibody
- Pump-1 protease antibody
- PUMP1 antibody
- Uterine Matrilysin antibody
- Uterine metalloproteinase antibody
Anti-MMP7 antibody images
The whole cell lysate derived from PMA-stimulated A431 was probed with rabbit anti MMP7 at 1/500 (Lane A) or by pre-absorption antibody with immunizing peptides (Lane B).
ab5706 (2µg/ml) staining MMP7 in human kidney cortex using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is staining of the cytoplasm and nuclei within proximal convoluted tubules.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
References for Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab5706)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dey N et al. Differential Activation of Wnt-ß-Catenin Pathway in Triple Negative Breast Cancer Increases MMP7 in a PTEN Dependent Manner. PLoS One 8:e77425 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24143235) »
- Lozito TP & Tuan RS Mesenchymal stem cells inhibit both endogenous and exogenous MMPs via secreted TIMPs. J Cell Physiol 226:385-96 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20665704) »