Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab85144)
- Product nameAnti-MMP7 antibodySee all MMP7 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP7
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Horse, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human MMP7.
(Peptide available as ab95052.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in A431 whole cell lysate and in the following human tissue lysates; Placenta; Liver; Kidney; Small Intestine.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85144 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).Can be blocked with MMP7 peptide (ab95052). Also detects a band at approximately 22 kDa.|
- FunctionDegrades casein, gelatins of types I, III, IV, and V, and fibronectin. Activates procollagenase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Matrilysin antibody
- Matrin antibody
- Matrix Metalloproteinase 7 antibody
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 antibody
- MMP 7 antibody
- MMP-7 antibody
- MMP7 antibody
- MMP7_HUMAN antibody
- MPSL1 antibody
- PUMP 1 antibody
- Pump 1 protease antibody
- Pump-1 protease antibody
- PUMP1 antibody
- Uterine matrilysin antibody
- Uterine metalloproteinase antibody
Anti-MMP7 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab85144) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 3 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 4 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lane 5 :
Small Intestine (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29276)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Observed band size : 22,29 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 200 kDa,40 kDa,60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 5 minutes
IHC image of MMP7 staining in human pancreatic cancer FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab85144, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
References for Anti-MMP7 antibody (ab85144)
ab85144 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.