Anti-MMP8 antibody (ab11608)
- Product nameAnti-MMP8 antibodySee all MMP8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MMP8
- SpecificityRabbit Anti-MMP8, C-terminal specifically binds to neutrophil collagenase (MMP8) and does not crossreact with other MMP family members (MMP1, MMP2, MMP3, MMP9, etc). The zymogen of MMP8 is heavily glycosylated and has a mass of 85 kDa. By immunoblotting against the reduced protein, the antibody detects bands at 64 kDa, 58 kDa and a series of further cleaved active forms. It will also react with non-reduced MMP8. The antibody does not detect the smallest active form of MMP8 since the hemopexin domain is cleaved off.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) C term.
- General notesThe antibody is supplied with 50% glycerol to prevent freezing. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Detects bands of approximately 64 & 58 kDa, and others.
Collagenase levels in quiescent cells and tissues are minimal, and stimulation of protein concentration is often needed to visualize the bands. In addition, cell types differ greatly in the quantity of collagenase produced.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCan degrade fibrillar type I, II, and III collagens.
- Tissue specificityNeutrophils.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
- DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Stored in intracellular granules.
- CLG 1 antibodyCLG1 antibodyCollagenase 1 antibody
- Collagenase 1 Neutrophil antibodyHNC antibodyMatrix metallopeptidase 8 (neutrophil collagenase) antibodyMatrix Metalloprotease 8 antibodyMatrix metalloproteinase-8 antibodyMMP 8 antibodyMMP-8 antibodyMmp8 antibodyMMP8_HUMAN antibodyNeutrophil collagenase antibodyPMNL CL antibodyPMNL collagenase antibodyPMNL-CL antibodyPMNLCL antibody
References for Anti-MMP8 antibody (ab11608)
ab11608 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.