Anti-MPP5 antibody (ab83891)
- Product nameAnti-MPP5 antibodySee all MPP5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MPP5
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the N terminal amino acids 36-85 (AVDCPGDLGTRMMPIRRSAQLERIRQQQEDMRRRREEEG KKQELDLNSSM) of Human MPP5 (NP_071919)
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab83891 is purified by a peptide affinity chromatography method.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83891 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1/312500.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay play a role in tight junctions biogenesis and in the establishment of cell polarity in epithelial cells. May modulate SC6A1/GAT1-mediated GABA uptake by stabilizing the transporter. Required for localization of EZR to the apical membrane of parietal cells and may play a role in the dynamic remodeling of the apical cytoskeleton.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the retina (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAGUK family.
Contains 1 guanylate kinase-like domain.
Contains 2 L27 domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainThe L27 domain 1 functions in targeting to the tight junctions by binding to INADL.
The PDZ domain binds to the C-terminus of SC6A1.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cell junction > tight junction. Localized to the tight junctions of epithelial cells and a subset of intracellular vesicles. In the retina, detected at the outer limiting membrane (OLM), apical to the adherens junction (AJ), where it colocalizes with CRB1. Colocalizes with MPP1 in the retina at the outer limiting membrane (OLM). Localized to the Purkinje cell body and axon.
- FLJ12615 antibodyMAGUK p55 subfamily member 5 antibodyMembrane protein palmitoylated 5 antibody
- MPP 5 antibodyMPP5 antibodyMPP5_HUMAN antibodyPALS 1 antibodyPALS1 antibodyProtein associated with Lin-7 antibodyStardust (Drosophila) antibodyStardust antibody
Anti-MPP5 antibody images
Anti-MPP5 antibody (ab83891) at 1 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 40,77 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MPP5 antibody (ab83891)
ab83891 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.