Anti-MSK2 / RSK-B antibody (ab42101)
- Product nameAnti-MSK2 / RSK-B antibodySee all MSK2 / RSK-B primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MSK2 / RSK-B
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 750 to the C-terminus of Human MSK2 / RSK-B.
(Peptide available as ab42280.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell human lysates: HeLa Nuclear Lysate and HepG2 Whole Cell Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42101 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 86 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa).Can be blocked with MSK2 / RSK-B peptide (ab42280).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine kinase that may play a role in mediating the growth-factor and stress induced activation of the transcription factor CREB. Essential role in the control of RELA transcriptional activity in response to TNF. Phosphorylates 'Ser-10' of histone H3 in response to mitogenics, stress stimuli and epidemal growth-factor (EGF) and result in the transcriptional activation of several immediate early genes, including proto-oncogenes FOS and JUN (By similarity). Mediates the mitogen- and stress-induced phosphorylation of high mobility group protein 14 (HMG-14).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- 90 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 4 antibodyEC 18.104.22.168 antibodyKS6A4_HUMAN antibody
- Mitogen and stress activated protein kinase 2 antibodyNuclear mitogen and stress activated protein kinase 2 antibodyNuclear mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyRibosomal protein kinase B antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase 90kD polypeptide 4 antibodyribosomal protein S6 kinase 90kDa polypeptide 4 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase alpha 4 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase alpha-4 antibodyRPS6KA4 antibodyRSKB antibodyS6K-alpha-4 antibody
Anti-MSK2 / RSK-B antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MSK2 / RSK-B antibody (ab42101) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 86 kDa
Observed band size : 86 kDa
Additional bands at : 150 kDa,50 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab42101 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4%PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab42101, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in HeLa, Hek293 and HepG2 cells fixed in 4%PFA at 1ug/ml and HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells fixed in 100% methanol at 5ug/ml.
References for Anti-MSK2 / RSK-B antibody (ab42101)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kang JI & Ahn BY HCV-induced PKR activation is stimulated by the mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase MSK2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:248-53 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21385567) »
- Raymond B et al. Anthrax lethal toxin impairs IL-8 expression in epithelial cells through inhibition of histone H3 modification. PLoS Pathog 5:e1000359 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19343203) »