Anti-MUM1 antibody [MUM1p] (ab12501)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMUM1p
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds to the interferon-stimulated response element (ISRE) of the MHC class I promoter. Binds the immunoglobulin lambda light chain enhancer, together with PU.1. Probably plays a role in ISRE-targeted signal transduction mechanisms specific to lymphoid cells.
- Tissue specificityLymphoid cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRF4 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving IRF4 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(6;14)(p25;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- interferon regulatory factor 4 antibody
- IRF 4 antibody
- IRF-4 antibody
- IRF4 antibody
- IRF4_HUMAN antibody
- LSIRF antibody
- Lymphocyte specific interferon regulatory factor antibody
- Lymphocyte-specific interferon regulatory factor antibody
- Multiple myeloma oncogene 1 antibody
- MUM 1 antibody
- MUM1 antibody
- NF EM5 antibody
- NF-EM5 antibody
- NFEM5 antibody
- PU.1 interaction partner antibody
- Sfpi1/PU.1 interaction partner antibody
- Transcriptional activator PIP antibody
Anti-MUM1 antibody [MUM1p] images
IHC image of ab12501 staining in human Hodgkin's lymphoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab12501, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-MUM1 antibody [MUM1p] (ab12501)
This product has been referenced in:
- Aguilera NS et al. Activation-induced cytidine deaminase expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with a paracortical growth pattern: a lymphoma of possible interfollicular large B-cell origin. Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:449-56 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20196672) »
- Fridberg M et al. Protein expression and cellular localization in two prognostic subgroups of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: Higher expression of ZAP70 and PKC-beta II in the non-germinal center group and poor survival in patients deficient in nuclear PTEN. Leuk Lymphoma 48:2221-32 (2007). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17926183) »