Anti-MUM1 antibody (ab27508)
- Product nameAnti-MUM1 antibodySee all MUM1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MUM1
- Specificityab27508 recognises MUM1/IRF4.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment (Human) - encoding amino acids 144-451 of human MUM1 protein.
- Positive controlJurkat cells. Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19265132|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator. Binds to the interferon-stimulated response element (ISRE) of the MHC class I promoter. Binds the immunoglobulin lambda light chain enhancer, together with PU.1. Probably plays a role in ISRE-targeted signal transduction mechanisms specific to lymphoid cells.
- Tissue specificityLymphoid cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRF4 are a cause of multiple myeloma (MM) [MIM:254500]. MM is a malignant tumor of plasma cells usually arising in the bone marrow and characterized by diffuse involvement of the skeletal system, hyperglobulinemia, Bence-Jones proteinuria and anemia. Complications of multiple myeloma are bone pain, hypercalcemia, renal failure and spinal cord compression. The aberrant antibodies that are produced lead to impaired humoral immunity and patients have a high prevalence of infection. Amyloidosis may develop in some patients. Multiple myeloma is part of a spectrum of diseases ranging from monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS) to plasma cell leukemia. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving IRF4 is found in multiple myeloma. Translocation t(6;14)(p25;q32) with the IgH locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- interferon regulatory factor 4 antibodyinterferon regulatory factor 4 antibodyIRF 4 antibody
- IRF-4 antibodyIRF4 antibodyIRF4 antibodyIRF4_HUMAN antibodyLSIRF antibodyLSIRF antibodyLymphocyte specific interferon regulatory factor antibodyLymphocyte specific interferon regulatory factor antibodyLymphocyte-specific interferon regulatory factor antibodyMultiple myeloma oncogene 1 antibodyMultiple myeloma oncogene 1 antibodyMUM 1 antibodyMUM1 antibodyNF EM5 antibodyNF-EM5 antibodyNF-EM5 antibodyNFEM5 antibodyPU.1 interaction partner antibodyPU.1 interaction partner antibodySfpi1/PU.1 interaction partner antibodySfpi1/PU.1 interaction partner antibodyTranscriptional activator PIP antibodyTranscriptional activator PIP antibody
Anti-MUM1 antibody images
IHC image of ab27508 staining in human Hodgkin's lymphoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab27508, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-MUM1 antibody (ab27508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Le Pottier L et al. Ectopic germinal centers are rare in Sjogren's syndrome salivary glands and do not exclude autoreactive B cells. J Immunol 182:3540-7 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19265132) »
- Lucchesi W et al. Differential gene regulation by Epstein-Barr virus Type 1 and Type 2 EBNA2. J Virol : (2008). WB . Read more (PubMed: 18480445) »