Anti-Macro H2A.2 antibody (ab4173)
- Product nameAnti-Macro H2A.2 antibodySee all Macro H2A.2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Macro H2A.2
- SpecificityThe problem has been that macroH2A2 is not very ubiquitous compared to macro H2A.1. While this makes it good for commercialization purposes it is hard to prepare chromatin fractions that are enriched in this fraction.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human Macro H2A.2.
(Peptide available as ab15023.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell lysates: HeLa nuclear extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionVariant histone H2A which replaces conventional H2A in a subset of nucleosomes where it represses transcription. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling. May be involved in stable X chromosome inactivation.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 histone H2A domain.
Contains 1 Macro domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin and in senescence-associated heterochromatin.
- Core histone macro H2A2.2 antibodyCore histone macro-H2A.2 antibodyCore histone macroH2A2.2 antibody
- H2A histone family member Y2 antibodyH2AFY2 antibodyH2AW_HUMAN antibodyHistone macroH2A2 antibodyMacro H2A2 antibodymacroh2a.2 antibodymacroh2a2 antibodymH2A2 antibody
Anti-Macro H2A.2 antibody images
Lane 1 : 2 ug of chicken erythrocyte chromatin fraction stained with ponceau.
Lane 2 : 2 ug of chicken liver chromatin fraction stained with ponceau.
Lanes 3 - 4 : Anti-Macro H2A.2 antibody (ab4173) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : As above
Lane 2 : As above
Lane 3 : 2 ug of chicken erythrocyte chromatin fraction.
Lane 4 : 2 ug of chicken liver chromatin fraction.
Lanes 3 - 4 : Secondary antibody used at a dilution of 1/3000.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 40 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Macro H2A.2 antibody (ab4173) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa nuclear extract
Lane 2 : HeLa nuclear extract with
Macro H2A.2 peptide (ab15023) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 40 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)