Anti-Mad2L1 antibody [4D2] (ab114036)
- Product nameAnti-Mad2L1 antibody [4D2]See all Mad2L1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4D2] to Mad2L1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length Human Mad2L1 produced in HEK293T cells (NP_002349).
- Positive controlHEK293T cell lysate transfected with or pCMV6-ENTRY Mad2L1; COS7 cells transiently transfected by pCMV6-ENTRY Mad2L1.
- General notesStable for 12 months from date of receipt.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 48% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesab114036 is purified from Mouse ascites fluids by affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4D2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab114036 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
- FunctionComponent of the spindle-assembly checkpoint that prevents the onset of anaphase until all chromosomes are properly aligned at the metaphase plate. Required for the execution of the mitotic checkpoint which monitors the process of kinetochore-spindle attachment and inhibits the activity of the anaphase promoting complex by sequestering CDC20 until all chromosomes are aligned at the metaphase plate.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAD2 family.
Contains 1 HORMA domain.
- DomainThe protein has two highly different native conformations, an inactive open conformation that cannot bind CDC20 and that predominates in cytosolic monomers, and an active closed conformation. The protein in the closed conformation preferentially dimerizes with another molecule in the open conformation, but can also form a dimer with a molecule in the closed conformation. Formation of a heterotetrameric core complex containing two molecules of MAD1L1 and of MAD2L1 in the closed conformation promotes binding of another molecule of MAD2L1 in the open conformation and the conversion of the open to the closed form, and thereby promotes interaction with CDC20.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine residues. The level of phosphorylation varies during the cell cycle and is highest during mitosis. Phosphorylation abolishes interaction with MAD1L1 and reduces interaction with CDC20.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm. Recruited by MAD1L1 to unattached kinetochores (Probable). Recruited to the nuclear pore complex by TPR during interphase. Recruited to kinetochores in late prometaphase after BUB1, CENPF, BUB1B and CENPE. Kinetochore association requires the presence of NEK2. Kinetochore association is repressed by UBD.
- HsMAD 2 antibodyHsMAD2 antibodyMAD 2 antibody
- MAD 2A antibodyMAD2 like 1 antibodyMAD2 like protein 1 antibodyMAD2 mitotic arrest deficient like 1 antibodyMAD2-like protein 1 antibodyMad2l1 antibodyMD2L1_HUMAN antibodyMitotic arrest deficient 2-like protein 1 antibodyMitotic arrest deficient yeast homolog like 1 antibodyMitotic spindle assembly checkpoint protein MAD2A antibody
Anti-Mad2L1 antibody [4D2] images
All lanes : Anti-Mad2L1 antibody [4D2] (ab114036) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293T cell lysate transfected with the pCMV6-ENTRY control cDNA
Lane 2 : HEK293T cell lysate transfected with the pCMV6-ENTRY Mad2L1 cDNA
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Immunofluorescent staining of COS7 cells transiently transfected by pCMV6-ENTRY Mad2L1, using ab114036 at 1/100.
References for Anti-Mad2L1 antibody [4D2] (ab114036)
ab114036 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.