Malate Assay Kit (ab83391)
- Product nameMalate Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity20 µM
- Range1 µM - 35 µM
- Assay time1h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's Malate Assay Kit is an easy and sensitive assay to measure the L(-) Malate level in a variety of samples. In the assay, malate is specifically oxidized to generate a product which reacts with a substrate probe to generate color (λmax = 450 nm). The assay can detect ~1-35 nmol of Malate in a 50 µl sample with a detection sensitivity ~20 µM.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
L(-) Malate is a TCA cycle intermediate. It plays an important role in the Calvin cycle during carbon fixation in plants. In lower organisms, malate is converted to lactate during malolactic fermentation with the formation of CO2. Malate is frequently used as an additive in the food and pharmaceutical industries, so quantitating malic acid is important in manufacturing beer, wine, cheese and fruits, among others.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Malate assay buffer WM 1 x 20ml Malate Enzyme Mix (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial Malate Standard (10 µmol) (Lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial WST Substrate (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial
- Research Areas
- Malic acid
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83391 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Malate Assay Kit (ab83391)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu J et al. Roles of AtpI and two YidC-type proteins from alkaliphilic Bacillus pseudofirmus OF4 in ATP synthase assembly and nonfermentative growth. J Bacteriol 195:220-30 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23123906) »