Anti-Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) antibody (ab88579)
- Product nameAnti-Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) antibodySee all Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent)
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Dog
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1550 - 1650 of Human Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent).
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 and U2Os whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 274 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 274 kDa).|
- FunctionTransport of phosphorylated lysosomal enzymes from the Golgi complex and the cell surface to lysosomes. Lysosomal enzymes bearing phosphomannosyl residues bind specifically to mannose-6-phosphate receptors in the Golgi apparatus and the resulting receptor-ligand complex is transported to an acidic prelyosomal compartment where the low pH mediates the dissociation of the complex. This receptor also binds IGF2. Acts as a positive regulator of T-cell coactivation, by binding DPP4.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MRL1/IGF2R family.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-II domain.
- DomainContains 15 repeating units of approximately 147 AA. The most highly conserved region within the repeat consists of a stretch of 13 AA that contains cysteines at both ends.
- Cellular localizationLysosome membrane. Colocalized with DPP4 in internalized cytoplasmic vesicles adjacent to the cell surface.
- 300 kDa mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
- 300 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor antibody
- Cation independent mannose 6 phosphate receptor antibody
- Cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor antibody
- CD222 antibody
- CD222 antigen antibody
- CI Man 6 P receptor antibody
- CI Man-6-P receptor antibody
- CI MPR antibody
- CI-MPR antibody
- CIMPR antibody
- IGF 2 receptor antibody
- IGF 2R antibody
- IGF II receptor antibody
- IGF-II receptor antibody
- IGF2 receptor antibody
- IGF2R antibody
- Insulin like growth factor 2 receptor antibody
- Insulin like growth factor II receptor antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor II receptor antibody
- M6P R antibody
- M6P/IGF2 receptor antibody
- M6P/IGF2R antibody
- M6PR antibody
- MPR 300 antibody
- MPR300 antibody
- MPRI antibody
- MPRI_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) antibody (ab88579) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 274 kDa
Observed band size : 274 kDa
Additional bands at : 35 kDa,45 kDa,50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 12 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab88579 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab88579, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Mannose 6 Phosphate Receptor (Cation independent) antibody (ab88579)
ab88579 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.