Anti-Melanoma gp100 antibody (ab116582)
- Product nameAnti-Melanoma gp100 antibodySee all Melanoma gp100 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Melanoma gp100
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to a region within internal sequence amino acids 411-440 of Human Melanoma gp100 (NP_008859.1).
- Positive control
- CEM cell line lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at 4°C (up to 6 months). For long term storage store at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab116582 is purified through a Protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116582 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa.|
- FunctionPlays a central role in the biogenesis of melanosomes. Involved in the maturation of melanosomes from stage I to II. The transition from stage I melanosomes to stage II melanosomes involves an elongation of the vesicle, and the appearance within of distinct fibrillar structures. Release of the soluble form, ME20-S, could protect tumor cells from antibody mediated immunity.
- Tissue specificityPreferentially expressed in melanomas. Some expression was found in dysplastic nevi. Not found in normal tissues nor in carcinomas. Normally expressed at low levels in quiescent adult melanocytes but overexpressed by proliferating neonatal melanocytes and during tumor growth.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PMEL/NMB family.
Contains 1 PKD domain.
- DomainThe RPT domain is essential for the generation of the fibrillar matrix of melanosomes.
The lumenal domain is necessary for correct processing and trafficking to melanosomes.
modificationsA small amount of P1/P100 (major form) undergoes glycosylation to yield P2/P120 (minor form). P2 is cleaved by a furin-like proprotein convertase (PC) in a pH-dependent manner in a post-Golgi, prelysosomal compartment into two disulfide-linked subunits: a large lumenal subunit, M-alpha/ME20-S, and an integral membrane subunit, M-beta. Despite cleavage, only a small fraction of M-alpha is secreted, whereas most M-alpha and M-beta remain associated with each other intracellularly. M-alpha is further processed to M-alpha N and M-alpha C. M-alpha C further undergoes processing to yield M-alpha C1 and M-alpha C3 (M-alpha C2 in the case of PMEL17-is or PMEL17-ls). Formation of intralumenal fibrils in the melanosomes requires the formation of M-alpha that becomes incorporated into the fibrils. Stage II melanosomes harbor only Golgi-modified Pmel17 fragments that are derived from M-alpha and that bear sialylated O-linked oligosaccharides.
N-glycosylated. O-glycosylated; contains sialic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus. Melanosome. Endosome > multivesicular body. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV. Localizes predominantly to intralumenal vesicles (ILVs) within multivesicular bodies. Associates with ILVs found within the lumen of premelanosomes and melanosomes and particularly in compartments that serve as precursors to the striated stage II premelanosomes.
- 95 kDa melanocyte specific secreted glycoprotein antibody
- 95 kDa melanocyte-specific secreted glycoprotein antibody
- D12S53E antibody
- gp100 antibody
- M-beta antibody
- ME20 antibody
- ME20 M/ME20 S antibody
- ME20-M antibody
- ME20-S antibody
- ME20M antibody
- ME20M/ME20S antibody
- ME20S antibody
- Melanocyte lineage specific antigen GP100 antibody
- Melanocyte protein mel 17 antibody
- Melanocyte protein Pmel 17 antibody
- Melanocyte protein Pmel 17 precursor antibody
- Melanocytes lineage-specific antigen GP100 antibody
- Melanoma associated ME20 antigen antibody
- Melanoma gp100 antibody
- Melanoma-associated ME20 antigen antibody
- Melanosomal matrix protein 17 antibody
- Melanosomal matrix protein17 antibody
- P1 antibody
- p100 antibody
- p26 antibody
- PMEL 17 antibody
- PMEL antibody
- PMEL_HUMAN antibody
- PMEL17 antibody
- Premelanosome protein antibody
- Secreted melanoma-associated ME20 antigen antibody
- SI antibody
- SIL antibody
- SILV antibody
- Silver (mouse homolog) like antibody
- Silver homolog antibody
- Silver locus protein homolog antibody
- Silver, mouse, homolog of antibody
Anti-Melanoma gp100 antibody images
Anti-Melanoma gp100 antibody (ab116582) at 1/100 dilution + CEM cell line lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
References for Anti-Melanoma gp100 antibody (ab116582)
ab116582 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.