Anti-Mesothelin antibody [K1] (ab3362)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibody [K1]See all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [K1] to Mesothelin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Cynomolgus Monkey
Spleen lymphocytes from mice fused with OVCAR-3, an ovarian tumorcell line derived from poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the ovary.
- Positive controlTonsil, lymph node and OVCAR-3 cells (human).
- General notes
This product is sold as crude ascites fluid so we estimate the IgG concentration ~1-3mg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPBS with 1% BSA and 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberK1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3362 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa). PubMed: 18490724|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Acetone fixation was used.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18490724|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.
One hour primary antibody incubation was used.
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibodyCAK1 antibodyCAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibodyMegakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyMesothelin antibodyMesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibodyMPF antibodyMSLN antibodyMSLN_HUMAN antibodyPre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyPre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibodySMR antibodySMRP antibodySoluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody [K1] images
All lanes : Anti-Mesothelin antibody [K1] (ab3362) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
Observed band size : 73 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 15 kDa,44 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody [K1] (ab3362)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang K et al. Inhibition of mesothelin as a novel strategy for targeting cancer cells. PLoS One 7:e33214 (2012). WB, Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22485139) »
- Ren YR et al. Structural Analysis of the Cancer-specific Promoter in Mesothelin and in Other Genes Overexpressed in Cancers. J Biol Chem 286:11960-9 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21288909) »