Anti-Mesothelin antibody [PPI-2e(IHC)] (ab92347)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibody [PPI-2e(IHC)]See all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [PPI-2e(IHC)] to Mesothelin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminus of Human Mesothelin.
- Positive controlFetal liver, uterus cancer, fetal pancreas and ovary cancer lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
This antibody detects full-length Mesothelin precursor (69 kDa) and the C terminal cleaved form of Mesothelin.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesThis antibody is not purified. It is provided in cell supernatant & storage buffer
- Primary antibody notes This antibody detects full-length Mesothelin precursor (69 kDa) and the C terminal cleaved form of Mesothelin.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberPPI-2e(IHC)
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92347 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa.
Is unsuitable for IHC-P or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibodyCAK1 antibodyCAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibodyMegakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyMesothelin antibodyMesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibodyMPF antibodyMsln antibodyMSLN_HUMAN antibodyPre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyPre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibodySMR antibodySMRP antibodySoluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody [PPI-2e(IHC)] images
All lanes : Anti-Mesothelin antibody [PPI-2e(IHC)] (ab92347) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Fetal liver lysate
Lane 2 : Uterus cancer lysate
Lane 3 : Fetal pancreas lysate
Lane 4 : Ovary cancer lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody [PPI-2e(IHC)] (ab92347)
ab92347 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.