Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SP74] (ab93620)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibody [SP74]See all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP74] to Mesothelin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to C-terminus of human Mesothelin protein.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP74
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Deparaffinization: Deparaffinize slides using xylene or xylene alternative and graded alcohols.
Antibody Dilution: Dilute the antibody 1:100. The dilutions are estimates; actual results may differ because of variability in methods and protocols.
Antigen Retrieval: Boil tissue section in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
Primary Antibody Incubation: Incubate for 30 minutes at RT.
Slide Washing: Slides must be washed in between steps. Rinse slides with PBS/0.05% Tween.
Visualization: Detect the antibody as instructed by the instructions provided with the visualization system.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibody
- CAK1 antibody
- CAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibody
- Megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Mesothelin antibody
- Mesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibody
- MPF antibody
- MSLN antibody
- MSLN_HUMAN antibody
- Pre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Pre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibody
- SMR antibody
- SMRP antibody
- Soluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SP74] images
Ab93620 (1:100) staining Mesothelin in human esothelioma tissue by immunohistochemistry using formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SP74] (ab93620)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang S et al. Mesothelin virus-like particle immunization controls pancreatic cancer growth through CD8+ T cell induction and reduction in the frequency of CD4+ foxp3+ ICOS- regulatory T cells. PLoS One 8:e68303 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23874581) »