Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SPM143] (ab15230)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibody [SPM143]See all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SPM143] to Mesothelin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant protein corresponding to the membrane-bound form of the human mesothelin molecule.
- Positive controlMesothelioma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Sodium Azide
Constituents: 10mM PBS, BSA, Tissue culture supernatant. pH 7.4
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM143
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibodyCAK1 antibodyCAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibodyMegakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyMesothelin antibodyMesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibodyMPF antibodyMSLN antibodyMSLN_HUMAN antibodyPre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyPre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibodySMR antibodySMRP antibodySoluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SPM143] images
All lanes : Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SPM143] (ab15230) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 2 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 27 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody [SPM143] (ab15230)
ab15230 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.