Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab53285)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).|
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibody
- CAK1 antibody
- CAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibody
- Megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Mesothelin antibody
- Mesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibody
- MPF antibody
- MSLN antibody
- MSLN_HUMAN antibody
- Pre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Pre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibody
- SMR antibody
- SMRP antibody
- Soluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody images
Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab53285) at 1/2000 dilution + E coli-derived fusion protein
Goat anti-IgY-HRP at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab53285)
ab53285 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.