Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab83658)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibodySee all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mesothelin
- SpecificityDetects isoform 2.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the internal sequence amino acids 539-588 (QKLLGPHVEG LKAEERHRPV RDWILRQRQD DLDTLGLGLQ GGIPNGYLVL) of Human Mesothelin (NP_005814).
- Positive control
- MCF7 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83658 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibody
- CAK1 antibody
- CAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibody
- Megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Mesothelin antibody
- Mesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibody
- MPF antibody
- Msln antibody
- MSLN_HUMAN antibody
- Pre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibody
- Pre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibody
- SMR antibody
- SMRP antibody
- Soluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody images
Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab83658) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk/ PBS) + MCF7 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 32 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab83658)
ab83658 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.