Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab99474)
- Product nameAnti-Mesothelin antibodySee all Mesothelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Mesothelin
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognize isoform 1 and 2 (NP_005814.2; NP_037536.2).
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: CPSGKKAREIDES, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 302-314 of Human Mesothelin (NP_005814.2; NP_037536.2).
- Positive controlHuman placenta lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab99474 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99474 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa). An approximately 70 kDa band was observed in Human Placenta lysates. An additional band of unknown identity was also consistently observed at 150 kDa. This band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide.|
- FunctionMembrane-anchored forms may play a role in cellular adhesion.
Megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF) potentiates megakaryocyte colony formation in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in lung. Expressed at low levels in heart, placenta and kidney. Expressed in mesothelial cells. Highly expressed in mesotheliomas, ovarian cancers, and some squamous cell carcinomas (at protein level).
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Antibodies against MSLN are detected in patients with mesothelioma and ovarian cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mesothelin family.
modificationsBoth MPF and the cleaved form of mesothelin are N-glycosylated.
Proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase to generate megakaryocyte-potentiating factor (MPF), and the cleaved form of mesothelin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Golgi apparatus.
- CAK 1 antibodyCAK1 antibodyCAK1 antigen antibody
- cleaved form antibodyMegakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyMesothelin antibodyMesothelin isoform 1 precursor antibodyMPF antibodyMSLN antibodyMSLN_HUMAN antibodyPre pro megakaryocyte potentiating factor antibodyPre-pro-megakaryocyte-potentiating factor antibodySMR antibodySMRP antibodySoluble MPF mesothelin related protein antibody
Anti-Mesothelin antibody images
Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab99474) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human placenta lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
References for Anti-Mesothelin antibody (ab99474)
ab99474 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.