Anti-Met Enkephalin antibody (ab22620)
- Product nameAnti-Met Enkephalin antibodySee all Met Enkephalin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Met Enkephalin
- SpecificityImmunostaining of rat spinal cord may be abolished by preincubation with 5nmol synthetic metenkephalin per mL diluted antibody. Partial inhibition was observed at 0.5nmol/mL. No diminution of immunostaining was achieved with 100nmol leucineenkephalin per mL diluted antibody. HOWEVER, THIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THE METENKEPHALIN ANTIBODY WILL NOT CROSSREACT WITH LEUENKEPHALIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Substance P, VIP and CGRP at 10nmol/mL had no effect on immunostaining.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-R more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic methionine enkephalin was conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin using glutaraldehyde. The conjugate was dialysed to remove excess conjugating agent prior to immunisation.
- Positive controlTypical test tissues included rat and human brain, rat spinal cord, pig duodenum, guinea pig ileum (enteric nervous system) and human phaeochromocytoma (adrenomedullary tumour)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-R||IHC-R: 1/500 - 1/4000. (Using overnight incubation and ABC/PAP procedure). Dilutions up to 1/10,000 have been achieved under optimised conditions. 1/200-1/4000, using overnight incubation and indirect immunofluorescence procedure. All standard crosslinking agents may be used, but formaldehyde based solutions are recommended. Frozen sections and Vibratome slices are recommended for tracttracing.|
- FunctionMet- and Leu-enkephalins compete with and mimic the effects of opiate drugs. They play a role in a number of physiologic functions, including pain perception and responses to stress. PENK(114-133) and PENK(237-258) increase glutamate release in the striatum. PENK(114-133) decreases GABA concentration in the striatum.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the opioid neuropeptide precursor family.
modificationsThe N-terminal domain contains 6 conserved cysteines thought to be involved in disulfide bonding and/or processing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Leu-enkephalin antibodyMet-enkephalin antibodyMet-enkephalin-Arg-Gly-Leu antibody
- Met-enkephalin-Arg-Phe antibodyMethionine Enkephalin antibodyOGF antibodyOpioid growth factor antibodyPENK antibodyPENK(114-133) antibodyPENK(143-183) antibodyPENK(237-258) antibodyPENK_HUMAN antibodyPPA antibodyProenkephalin A antibodyProenkephalin antibodyProenkephalin-A antibodySynenkephalin antibody
Anti-Met Enkephalin antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab22620 stained SHSY5Y cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab22620, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab22620 (4µg/ml) staining met enkephalin in human testis using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is cytoplasmic staining of seminal vesicles.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Met Enkephalin antibody (ab22620)
ab22620 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.